Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jimmy's Beer Number Three

I know part of the game is to try different breweries each time, but I have decided to just try beers I have never had before. So, with this said my third beer is from the Dogfish Head brewery, Theobroma. The pour resulted in a small head that disappeared quickly. The color is a bright light amber. There are hints of honey in the aroma of the beer. But some would say it just smells like a beer. It is brewed with honey, cocoa nibs, cocoa powder, ancho chilies and ground annatto. The flavor is rich with the sweetness of the honey. There is a subtle hint of the chili pepper, it is as if the chili taste arrives with the after taste from the back of the mouth. Or it could be the heartburn from my dinner, but I doubt that. This is a beer that I received in the great beer trade of aught 9 with Randy. So, I am not sure exactly how old the beer is but as I as progress on this beer its getting easier and easier to get down. In hindsight I should of split this beer with someone else, these large bottles are sometimes tough to fight down on my own. Overall its a very good beer, but there is too much sweetness in the beer for me to ever have again. Once is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment