Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beer One and Two

My 1st beer was consumed over a week ago, and unfortunately I do not remember exactly what it tasted like. So for my 1st and 2nd week I will be making up my reaction to the tasting of the two beers.

The 1st beer was Palo Santo Marron brewed by Dogfish Head Brewery. What I remember it had a sweet initial taste. If I cheat with BA it was a dark black coloring with a brown head. It must of tasted well because I remember telling myself that I should of purchased more than one bottle.

My 2nd beer of this new year was the Christmas Ale by Great Lakes Brewery from the oh so warm and happy land of Cleveland. In the past every beer that I have tried by Great Lakes has been a homerun, this one however misses. The amber coloring is pleasing to the eye and pours with very little foam or head. The odor is a strange perplexing bouquet of malt, hops, ginger and cinnamon. My first taste began with a traditional ale flavorings on the front there is a strong presence of a honey flavor, but the aftertaste kills this beer. The ginger and cinnamon makes for a bitter aftertaste that does not compliment the initial flavors. I have never been one to seek out christmas or spiced beers, and this one would be one I am thankful for tasting once but the last two will linger in the refridgerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment